By using, posting, commenting or reading this site (http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/) you accept that:
- we do not verify or identify any wild fungi for you
- any advice seen on this site is provided as-is and is not to be taken as authority
- you do not and never will eat any wild mushrooms as a result of seeing them described on this site
- it is not possible to identify wild mushrooms 100% unless you physically have them in front of you - therefore you use this site content at your own risk and do not take it as 100% proof of identification of any type of wild food or wild fungi
- you hold harmless http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ and its owners of any claims or legal disputes arising from using this site
- You agree to use http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/
- The majority of content posted in http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs are not those of http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/.
-http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through this site nor do any links to third party websites from http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ k do not amount to any endorsement of that site by http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/.
- http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ , its information and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, the http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or accuracy of the website or any of the content.
- No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk/ shall not be liable for any losses, illnesses or damage.
NEVER EAT WILD MUSHROOMS UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED IN PERSON BY SOMEONE WHO IS EXPERT OR YOU 100% ARE SURE WHAT YOU HAVE. YOU CANNOT HAVE 100% IDENTIFICATION FROM A PHOTO, REGARDLESS WHAT ANY CONTRIBUTING PERSON SAYS
A note for novice mushroom foragers in the UK:
The UK is a strange place, mushroomly speaking, to grow up. The inhabitants of the British Isles have never had much of a traditional passion for collecting wild mushrooms, which is why we've ended up referring to Boletus edulis by its Italian or French common name, rather than the English one (Penny Bun). As well as not being taught how to identify wild mushrooms by our grandmothers, we are also not taught the etiquette of fungi collection.
Rule #1: If you do not know what something is then you do not pick it for eating.
Before the days of the internet, that just meant that you don't pick it at all. Now you have some hope of getting an ID online, so maybe you can pick one to slice in half to aid the person who will try to identify it for you. Better, just take a photo of it in situ.
The reason for this is that there are many rare mushrooms in the UK, and if you don't know what you are picking then you might be picking a rare one. If anyone subsequently identifies these mushrooms for you, they are just encouraging you to go out and do the same thing next week. If everybody behaved like this, the result would be a mycological catastrophe.