Trout is rich in omega-3 It is good to eat at least two portions of protein and vitamin-rich oily fish per week. This recipe is superb with wild mushrooms like the Chanterelle
- 400g Chanterelle mushrooms (fresh ideally)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 rainbow trout, boned
- 3 sprigs of tarragon, chopped
- 3 sprigs of parsley, chopped
1. Hand chop the chantelles, rough chop
2. Heat the oil and cook off shallots until see through
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes
4. When the mixture is dry - Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Heat the oven to 180°C . Wipe the fish dry and trim as necessary and place on a large, oiled baking tray.
6. Stir the chopped herbs into the mushroom mixture and remove from the heat. Using two teaspoons, spoon the mushroom mixture into the cavity of each fish, pressing it in and patting the body of the fish back over the stuffing.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through, then serve, with steamed vegetables and rice.
Catch your own trout! - Tailor made fly fishing experiences for salmon and trout on the beautiful river
Eden in Cumbria - http://www.cumbriaflyfishing.co.uk/